Tuesday, May 19, 2015

MANIACAL : An adoptation from Moliere's Les Femmes Savantes

I was once been part of theater production during my younger days. Memorizing script, Rehearsing my acts, counting my dance steps and of course fitting my costumes. I am liable for myself, for whatever mistake i commit when I'm on my act. I don't rely myself unto others because their actions wont reflect my result. Maniacal is a story behind every theater actors crafts and career.

...Now looking forward for more Theater shows not only from the casts but also from the production itself. Ka-Chow! 

 Maniacal Set

Maniacal is adapted from Moliere’s Les Femmes Savantes, Maniacal transports the play’s seventeenth century bourgeoisie and setting to present day Manila and a group of theater and film artists grappling with the “pretentious intellectualism” in creating art.  

Maniacal recreates Moliere’s Commedia Dell’arte characters to satirize the foibles and travails of artists who over-intellectualizes their craft while trying to make a living. 

held at The Philippine Opera Company Opera Haus,  3657 Bautista St., Makati City. 
 
The casts:




Featuring:
Arianne Via Antonio
Mayen Bustamante
Martha Nikko Comia
Chinie Concepcion
Nelsito Gomez
Fred Lo
Paolo O'Hara
Giancarlo Alfredo Tarcelo Patelo IV
Randy Medel Villarama

Stage Managed by
John Mark Yap

Written & Directed by

Mr. George de Jesus III



No comments:

Post a Comment